How do we recognize elder abuse and what can we do if we think it’s taking place?

by | Nov 18, 2020 | Q&A |

Sadly, it has become much more common in recent years for elderly individuals, who oftentimes live in isolation, have reduced cognitive function, and are more susceptible to undue influence and financial exploitation, to do things like unexpectedly sign over their property or sign a power of attorney in favor of a disfavored child or another person they might live with. If you suspect this may be taking place, please contact your local law enforcement agency, District Attorney’s Office, or Adult Protective Services.

If you have any questions about this, please feel free to reach out to us (707-681-5851 or [email protected]) or set up a complimentary consultation at your convenience by clicking on the following link: