Q: I am the successor trustee of a trust. Do I really need to hire an attorney to represent me as trustee?

On Behalf of | Aug 4, 2021 | Estate Planning, Q&A, Trust And Estate Administration |

A: You should strongly consider hiring an experienced trusts and estates attorney. Whether you are the acting successor trustee during the lifetime of the person who created the trust or after he or she has passed, you have a number of fiduciary duties to fulfill and actions that you must take. An attorney can help you administer the trust correctly, protect yourself from liability as the trustee by advising you during the trust administration process and preparing all of the necessary legal documents, and save you the time and stress of trying to figure out the trust administration process on your own.

If you have any questions about this, please feel free to reach out to us (707-681-5851 or [email protected]) or set up a complimentary consultation at your convenience by clicking on the following link: https://MyNapaLawyer.as.me/