Q: My mom recently passed and I am named as the executor of her will. She owned her home in Napa and also had a few financial accounts. What do I do now?

by | Sep 8, 2021 | Q&A, Trust And Estate Administration |

A: You will need to lodge your mom’s will with the court within 30 days of her passing and also file a petition to be formally appointed as the executor of her estate. Although you are named in the will, you will need specific documents from the court in order to take any action as executor of the estate. Once you are appointed, there are a number of legal requirements and fiduciary duties for you to fulfill as executor. An experienced trusts and estates attorney can guide you through this process and ensure that the administration of your mom’s estate is done correctly and efficiently.

If you have any questions about this, please feel free to reach out to us 707-681-5851 or [email protected]) or set up a complimentary consultation at your convenience by clicking on the following link: https://MyNapaLawyer.as.me/