A: Yes, actually. The exemption amount for people dying in 2022 will be $12.06 million per person, up from $11.70 million per person dying in 2021.
Q: Is inflation impacting the 2022 Federal Estate Tax Exemption Amount?
- Q: I was adopted when I was 2 years old and I just found out my biological father died without a will. Am I entitled to any portion of his estate now?
- Q: I have been living with my girlfriend for 24 years, but we’ve never gotten officially married. Will my assets automatically pass to her upon my death?
- Q: How is having a living trust like using GPS on your phone to drive somewhere you’ve never been to?
- Q: Should I create a special needs trust for my child who is receiving government benefits?
- Q: Do I still need an Estate Planning Attorney if I only have one child and everyone knows everything gets left to them?