Q: How do I transfer real estate into a trust?

by | Apr 20, 2022 | Estate Planning, Q&A |

A: In California, real estate is transferred into a trust by signing a grant deed. The grant deed, which must also must be notarized and recorded, states the owners of the property (the Grantors) are conveying all their interest to their Trust (the Grantee). We prepare these grant deeds for our clients and include them as part of our services.