Q: My daughter is heading off to college soon; how do I make sure I can still make health care decisions on her behalf?

by | Aug 24, 2022 | Estate Planning, Q&A |

A: We recommend having her sign a Durable Power of Attorney, HIPAA, and Advance Health Care Directive. If your child is 18, you no longer have any emergency decision making authority should they need urgent help accessing finances or making health care decisions. If you have children heading off to college, we highly recommend considering having them sign these documents so that you have the power to act on their behalf in the event of an emergency.

Just give us a call at 707-681-5851 to book a complimentary consultation with us to discuss your situation.