A: After your death, however, your trust will become irrevocable and your successor trustee will need to obtain an EIN in order to file the trust’s income tax returns. If you have any questions about this, don’t hesitate to reach out or schedule a free consultation with us!
Q: Do I need to obtain a tax ID number (EIN) for my revocable trust?
- Q: I was adopted when I was 2 years old and I just found out my biological father died without a will. Am I entitled to any portion of his estate now?
- Q: I have been living with my girlfriend for 24 years, but we’ve never gotten officially married. Will my assets automatically pass to her upon my death?
- Q: How is having a living trust like using GPS on your phone to drive somewhere you’ve never been to?
- Q: Should I create a special needs trust for my child who is receiving government benefits?
- Q: Do I still need an Estate Planning Attorney if I only have one child and everyone knows everything gets left to them?