A: Although you certainly can, you will want to be thoughtful before doing this. You could inadvertently disinherit one of your children if you decide to sell one of those properties during your life and then fail (or forget) to go back and update your estate planning documents!
Q: I have 2 kids and own 2 properties. Should I just leave one property to each child?
- Q: I was adopted when I was 2 years old and I just found out my biological father died without a will. Am I entitled to any portion of his estate now?
- Q: I have been living with my girlfriend for 24 years, but we’ve never gotten officially married. Will my assets automatically pass to her upon my death?
- Q: How is having a living trust like using GPS on your phone to drive somewhere you’ve never been to?
- Q: Should I create a special needs trust for my child who is receiving government benefits?
- Q: Do I still need an Estate Planning Attorney if I only have one child and everyone knows everything gets left to them?