A: Although you certainly can, you will want to be thoughtful before doing this because you could inadvertently disinherit one of your children if you decide to sell one of those properties during your life and then fail (or forget) to go back and update your estate planning documents!
Q: I have 2 kids and own 2 properties; should I just leave 1 property to each child?
- Q: Is it ever possible for someone without a trust to own real estate in California and AVOID probate given the high values of real estate?
- Q: If I only want 2 of my 3 children to inherit my home, would it be advisable to use a revocable transfer on death deed?
- Q: What’s the best way to ensure your estate doesn’t gobble up time and money in probate?
- Q: I only want one of my three children to inherit my house when I die. What do I need to do?
- Q: My late father owned a duplex as a joint tenant with his sister when he died. We also found his will, which stated he left all of his assets to me and my sister. Who will end up owning the duplex?