Q: My mom recently died without a will and had a vacant parcel of land in Modoc County worth about $10,000. Can my sister and I transfer title to ourselves without a probate?

by | Jun 7, 2023 | Q&A, Title and Deeds, Trust And Estate Administration |

A: Yes! Assuming your mother didn’t have any other probatable assets, you and your sister can file with the court a Form DE-305 in the County where the land is located to have the property title transferred without probate.