A: A living trust is like your personal GPS for the afterlife. First, it makes sure your assets get to the proper destination! Second, it ensures your assets have a smooth road to travel without hitting those pesky probate traffic jams; indeed, instead of waiting in traffic for several years, your assets use the express lane to get to your loved ones!
Q: How is having a living trust like using GPS on your phone to drive somewhere you’ve never been to?
- Q: I was adopted when I was 2 years old and I just found out my biological father died without a will. Am I entitled to any portion of his estate now?
- Q: I have been living with my girlfriend for 24 years, but we’ve never gotten officially married. Will my assets automatically pass to her upon my death?
- Q: How is having a living trust like using GPS on your phone to drive somewhere you’ve never been to?
- Q: Should I create a special needs trust for my child who is receiving government benefits?
- Q: Do I still need an Estate Planning Attorney if I only have one child and everyone knows everything gets left to them?