Q: I only want one of my three children to inherit my house when I die. What do I need to do?

by | Nov 15, 2023 | Estate Planning, Q&A |

A: At a minimum, you would need to do SOME type of estate planning or else your estate would be distributed according to intestacy laws, namely, your three children would all inherit equally. Moreover, a trust (versus a simple will) would be essential in order to preserve the full value of the home and avoid the hassle and cost of a probate.