Many people, when they hear the term "estate plan," think of a will or a trust designed to pass assets down to your loved ones after you're gone. This is indeed a vital part of what estate planning does, but modern-day estate plans are much more comprehensive than "I...
- Q: I was adopted when I was 2 years old and I just found out my biological father died without a will. Am I entitled to any portion of his estate now?
- Q: I have been living with my girlfriend for 24 years, but we’ve never gotten officially married. Will my assets automatically pass to her upon my death?
- Q: How is having a living trust like using GPS on your phone to drive somewhere you’ve never been to?
- Q: Should I create a special needs trust for my child who is receiving government benefits?
- Q: Do I still need an Estate Planning Attorney if I only have one child and everyone knows everything gets left to them?